Osiris Scene Three write-up should come sometime tomorrow. In the meantime, Dave and I were talking at the shop today and I think I came up with another campaign I'd like to try in the future. The current Spycraft adventure should finish up this week, and then I'll need a little time to get the next one ready... basically my goal is for the next Spycraft session after this Friday to be the one where Charles makes his triumphant return.
Between that time, we could play World's Largest Dungeon (if Ben is still up for it), do a week of just hanging out (Burnout Revenge for PS/2 should be in my hands by Monday, so that's a thought for next Friday... and of course I've got all of season two of Arrested Development on my Tivo as well), finish Spycraft (if it doesn't finish up this Friday, which is possible but I doubt it) or whatever. We're definitely not playing two weeks from Friday, as that's Serenity release day. Anyone who wants to see it with us opening night is welcome.
Anyway... the campaign idea is a Champions/HERO system idea. Ideally, I think this would be a rotating GM game, and one that we could play in short, self-contained arcs of somewhere between 3-4 sessions. The concept is that we play a campaign through time. Start off in the fantasy genre and end up in the Legion of Superheroes style far future, hitting various points in between. The characters would be "legacies" essentially, either using the same name, being related by blood, using the same gadget or something along those lines. And in each era, they would come together as a superhero team. Dave and I mapped out these possibilities for eras: Fantasy, Wild West, Pulp ('20s or '30s), Golden Age, Silver Age, Modern Age, Near Future/Cyberpunk, Post-Apocalyptic and Far Future.
Just putting it out there for discussion.
Wednesday, September 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(40)
-
▼
September
(13)
- Meet Mr. Gray 2.0
- Dossier: Director Beowulf
- Dossier: Steel Wolf 2.1
- Dossier: Dom Perignon 2.1
- Dossier: Booster 2.1
- Dossier: Project Scarecrow
- Operation Osiris: Scenes Three and Four
- Next Gaming Idea
- Focuses & Fortes
- Dossier: Father Binary 2.1
- Operation Osiris: Scenes One and a Half & Two
- Tonight?
- The Book
-
▼
September
(13)
1 comment:
Interesting...maybe rather than straight Fantasy you could do it more historical w/some fantasy elements. A Templar-esque evil-fighting secret society (ala 100 Bullets for instance, but not, y'know, criminal) could be a good tie in or theme that runs throughout. It'd be a good plot mechanic for the gm's too. Players are all members and get assignments, etc.
BTW, want to remind everyone that I'll be out of town on 9/30 and 10/7.
Post a Comment