Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Ravenloft Character: Aerich Bloodborn

Name: Aeric Bloodborn
Race: Human
Class: Wizard 5/Blood Magus 2
Experience: 22,706
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Religion: Silver Flame
Homeland: Karrnath
Age: 21 Height: 6’ Weight: 218 lbs.

Statistics: STR 13, DEX 15 (17), CON 15, INT 17, WIS 11, CHA 10, BAB +3, Fort +4 (+8), Ref +1 (+4), Will +4 (+4), Init +3 (+3), AC 13/17 w/Mage Armor (+3 Dex), Move: 30, HP 42

Skills: Bluff +3 (+3), Concentration +10 (+12), Craft (Artist) +1 (+4), Heal +2 (+2), Knowledge (Arcana) +9 (+12), Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +8 (+11), Knowledge (Planes) +6 (+9), Knowledge (Religion) +7 (+10), Listen +0 (+3/+5 with familiar nearby), Profession (Scribe) +2 (+2), Spellcraft +10 (+15), Spot +0 (+2 with familiar nearby), Survival +0 (+2 on other planes)

Class Abilities: Blood Component (use own blood in place of material spell components), Durable Casting (subtract Blood Magus level from Concentration check damage), Stanch (auto-stablize below 0 HP), Scarification (carve scrolls into own skin)

Weapons/Attacks: +5 (2d8+1, Undead Bane Spiked Chain), versus undead +6 (2d8 +2d6 +1, Undead Bane Spiked Chain), +6 (1d8, Light Crossbow), +6 (Ray Spells), +4 (1d6+1, Club)

Equipment:
Undead Bane Spiked Chain, Gloves of Dexterity +2, Wand of Magic Missiles (5th: 42 charges), Wand of Magic Missiles (1st: 13 charges),Potion: Cure Light Wounds (1), Potion: Cure Moderate Wounds (1), Potion: Sanctuary, Skin Scroll: Stoneskin (7th), Scrolls: Mage Hand (1st), Detect Magic (1st), Spell Vulnerability (5th), Halt Undead (5th), Dispel Magic (5th), Protection From Evil – 6 (1st), Identify – 4 (1st), Mage Armor (1st), Ray of Enfeeblement (1st), Dimension Door, Haste, Lightning Bolt, Scry, Phantom Steed X2, Dagger, Light Crossbow, Bolts (10), Adamantine Bolts (10), Alchemical Silver Bolts (10), Holy Water (3), Sunrod (2), Tindertwig (2), Feather Fall Token (1), Acid (1), Backpack, Belt Pouch, Waterskin, Ink, Inkpen, Paper (5), Traveler’s Outfit, Rations (1), Spellbook, Spell Component Pouch, 0 CP, 10 SP, 30 GP, 15 PP, Letter of Credit 277 GP, Rubies worth 100 GP (10)


Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Spiked Chain), Great Fortitude, Toughness, Extend Spell, Craft Wand, Scribe Scroll
Proficiencies: Club, Dagger, Heavy Crossbow, Light Crossbow, Quarterstaff, Spiked Chain
Languages: Common, Draconic, Infernal, Abyssal, Mabran
Contacts: Kalibar Jenks, a scoundrel and a spy with whom Aeric worked on a clandestine mission to benefit the Church of the Silver Flame (and presumably one of Jenks' many employers).

Spells: Specialization School: Necromancy – Prohibited Schools: Enchantment, Illusion
0 – Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Launch Item, Read Magic, Touch of Fatigue; 1st – Expeditious Retreat, Magic Missile X2, Ray of Enfeeblement, Ray of Flame X2; 2nd – Bone Fiddle, Command Undead, (Extended) Mage Armor, Life Bolt, Scorching Ray; 3rd – Fireball X2, Fly, Greater Disrupt Undead; 4th - Stoneskin
(In Spellbook: 0 – All; 1st – Backbiter, Expeditious Retreat, Identify, Magic Missile, Ray of Enfeeblement, Ray of Flame, Shield, Spirit Worm; 2nd – Bone Fiddle, Cat’s Grace, Command Undead, Invisibility, Life Bolt, Mirror Image, Scorching Ray, Slapping Hand; 3rd – Dispel Magic, Fireball, Fly, Greater Disrupt Undead, Halt Undead, Many Jaws, Spell Vulnerability, Vampiric Touch); 4th - Burning Blood, Stoneskin

Name: Langstrom
Race: Bat
Statistics: STR 1, DEX 15, CON 10, INT 9, WIS 14, CHA 4, BAB/Grapple +2/-3, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6, Init +2, AC 20 (Touch 17, Flat Footed 18), Speed 5’/40' fly, HP 21

Skills: Hide +14, Knowledge (Arcana) +7, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +6, Knowledge (Planes) +4, Knowledge (Religion) +4, Listen +8, Move Silently +6, Spellcraft +7, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Improved Evasion
Special Abilities: Low Light Vision, Blindsense, Empathic Link, Share Spells, Deliver Touch Spells, Speak With Master
Weapons/Attacks: +4 (No damage)

History:
Blood? Let me tell you something about blood. I was raised in Karrnath among the followers of the Blood of Vol. I was taught that undeath was the ultimate state of existence – no surprise given who my parents are. In ceremony after ceremony I gave my blood, just like the rest of the cattle. A sacrament to Vol. A symbol of my devotion. I learned how the evil gods of the Sovereign Host created Death – taking our loved ones away. And I learned how to cheat Death and the glory of acheiving a state of being beyond the limited world of mortals. Everyone expected great things of me, of course. How could the son of two such important figures do any less. And by the cult’s standards, I did very well. I excelled in the Black Arts. As I grew so did my power over the energies of life and unlife. And all the while I gave of myself – gave my blood at the ceremonies.

Then I joined the Emerald Claw. My bloodsucking parents were so proud. I was proud. We were Vol’s hand, reaching out to destroy the evil machinations of the Sovereign Host and their pawns. But as I continued my studies, I began to have questions. The more I studied Necromantic energies, the more I wondered at my teachings. I saw the power of blood. I noted how it interacted with the physiology and energies of the intelligent undead. I observed the effect it had on my parents after they fed.

On a fateful mission aboard an airship called the Jade Fury, I witnessed more death and destruction than on any previous assignment for the Emerald Claw. We chased down a Lyrandar airship called the Cloud’s Destiny in search of a powerful artifact stolen by a newly-born exalted one. My unit’s mission was stymied by a group known as the Wandering Wolves – a name we had begun to hear all too often when it came to botched missions for the Claw. And when it looked as if we would fail, our captain steered our airship directly into the Cloud’s Destiny. I could see the faces of passengers in the portholes as our ship approached. So many innocent souls – ones who had nothing to do with the Soul Blade. Nothing to do with the vampire called Lucan. Nothing to do with the Wandering Wolves. All of them would die. Killed by followers of the Blood of Vol who claimed to hate Death so much.

I died that day. But that was not the end of my life. It was the true beginning. For I saw a Silver Flame. And I heard a loud pounding: the beating of my heart. And a crimson torrent washed over me, stripping away the lies I had been told all my life. In that moment I was reborn and I could sense the power flowing in my veins. All my life I had given up my blood to Vol. Now finally I saw that all I was doing was feeding evil. Feeding Death and the ones like my parents who live and thrive on it. On that day I was reborn and I will dedicate all the power that flows from my heart to the destruction of the Blood of Vol cult. I will rip the power from the undead to leave them the lifeless husks that we all should become once the sacred blood stops flowing through our veins of its own accord.

3 comments:

Nate Southard said...

Very nice! Can't wait to see him in action.

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Randy Lander said...

Paul, here's what your character used/gained in the recent adventure:

Aerich
Gained 2559 XP

Cast Extended Mage Armor about half an hour ago

Used 1 charge on magic missile wand (1st level)

Spells he has memorized:
0 – Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Launch Item, Read Magic, Touch of Fatigue

1st – Backbiter, Magic Missile, Ray of Flame x2, Shield

2nd – Bone Fiddle, Command Undead, Life Bolt x2

3rd – Fireball, Fly, Greater Disrupt Undead; Manyjaws

4th - Stoneskin

Blog Archive