Saturday, December 16, 2006

Ravenloft character idea

Hey, everybody. Wanted to run this past you all. I was thinking of basing the party (since you all would have been adventuring together for some time) as something close to a covert task force for the silver flame. Since the church's reputation was tarnished by the purge, maybe they keep certain individuals around to handle tasks they'd rather the public not know they're involved in.

Just an idea...

8 comments:

Randy Lander said...

Works for me... both my main character (shifter monk/paladin) and backup (probably warforged cleric/exorcist of the silver flame) are Silver Flame based. I'll post my shifter either tonight or in a few days, whenever I finish him.

Paul Benjamin said...

I can tweak both my main character (Necromancer/Blood Magus) and back up character (Rogue/Cleric/Church Assassin) to be members of the Silver Flame. However, I was leaning towards Chaotic Good more than Lawful. Can one be Chaotic Good and still worship the Silver Flame with a slightly less rigid code about societal laws and their role in the battle against evil?

Nate Southard said...

I've got no problem with Chaotic Good. I figure the Flame is working with people who can get the job done. So long as there's a Good in the alignment, I'm sure they can deal.

Chris said...

Of my two main ideas I'm leaning towards the half-orc Gatekeeper Druid, (probably nuetral good) w/maybe a couple levels of fighter thrown in. Not sure how well that fits in...thoughts?

Nate Southard said...

Again, I don't think it'll be much of a problem.

Chris said...

Good, cuz I already started working on it.

Chris said...

Oh Nate, remind me of the guidelines you're using for starting gold/equipment/magic items please?

Nate Southard said...

6th level, 13,000 starting gold (as per DMG), no more than 5000 spent on any one item (I fudged this number, if there's an actual rule, let me know). 20% (2600 GP) must enter the game in liquid form.

Blog Archive