Thursday, June 07, 2007

Upcoming Schedule - June through August

June 8th - Eberron: The Demons' Prophecy Part Three
June 15th - Gaming Off (Baby)
June 22nd - Eberron: The Demons' Prophecy Part Four
June 29th - Eberron: The Demons' Prophecy Part Five

July 6th - Savage Worlds or Pirates (Nate out, Paul possibly out)
July 13th - Savage Worlds or Pirates
July 20th - Savage Worlds or Pirates (Nate out)
July 27th - Gaming Off (Randy & Paul at San Diego)

August 3rd - Savage Worlds or Pirates (Nate out)
August 10th - Savage Worlds or Pirates (Nate out, Paul possibly out)
August 17th - Eberron: The Demons' Prophecy Part Six
August 24th - Eberron: The Demons' Prophecy Part Seven
August 31st - Eberron: The Demons' Prophecy Conclusion

Updated the schedule now that we know for sure how the baby affected gaming.

The Demons' Prophecy adventure is running longer than I thought, and since it heavily involves Luggoth, I want to make sure Nate is there for it, so I think we're better off moving it a little and finishing in August.

Given that, Jason, do you have any interest in putting together a two-parter for July 6th and July 20th? I'd love to play Savage Worlds, and if you wind up picking up Aces & Eights, I'd love to give that one a try as well. Alternatively, if you want to just clear July for the game, I can make sure Part Five has some amount of conclusion (I think it will, with a nice pulp-ish "Tune in next month" kind of cliffhanger) and we can skip the weird one Eberron session in July to bring it back in August, which might work better. That would give three sessions (or four, if you don't mind running one without me and Paul at somebody else's place) for Savage Worlds, etc.

If that works out, I figure we can wrap Eberron for a while in mid-August and then return for another go-round of Ravenloft? That sound do-able to everyone? And if Nate isn't free to GM Ravenloft, maybe we can use those weeks to continue/finish up the Savage Worlds/Aces & Eights/whatever game Jason runs in July?

I guess the question is, Jason, are you up for putting a game together for July/August alternate weeks? And Nate, are you up for picking up Ravenloft in August?

6 comments:

Nate Southard said...

Just a quick note to say I'll be out of town on July 6th and 20th, so if we can shoot for finishing on the 13th, that would be awesome.

Nate Southard said...

Well, you'll all hate me for this one... I'm going t be unavaiable both August 3rd and 10th because of out of town stuff.

If you guys want, do the first week of July without me, then we can try like hell to finish the rest of the adventure on the 13th. Otherwise, we can wait. I guess we've done it before.

As for Ravenloft, I'm ready whenever everybody else is.

Paul Benjamin said...

FYI on my schedule, I have a new and difficult situation with the video game job in that on Fridays when we have milestones due, there's always the chance that I will have to stay late at work (possibly coming in over the weekend as well) to finish deadline crunch. This doesn't mean I'm out, but it does leave the possibility. Right now I have 2 potential conflicts on July 6 and August 10, both of which could make things sticky with Nate out as well. The July 6th one hopefully won't be a problem as we're aiming at finishing before 4th of July anyway.

BTW, Randy, when you eventually put together the September schedule, please bear in mind Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur. They will make 9/14 and 9/21 verboten for me and I don't want to be penalized experience points for being a Jew. Don't make me call the Anti-Defamation League...

Jason Jones said...

Alright! Ready to go! Question is "Classic" Pulp or Pirates? Whatever you guys think, post away.

I haven't actually seen Aces and Eights yet but, I can do that, also, if there is a desire.

Randy Lander said...

OK, taking into account schedule issues, I've updated the schedule. It seems to me like the best idea is to play this week and next and come to a stopping point with Eberron (which I think is perfectly do-able) and then coming back for two or three sessions to wrap the adventure in late August. It's possible it'll only take two, but I'm rapidly learning that it takes longer than I think when planning.

That gives us a decent chunk of time, most of July and half of August, for other games. Jason, if you're up for it, I'd love to be a player for six weeks or so, if you've got that many sessions of Pirates, Pulp adventure or western. Or three sessions of one, three sessions of another. Or two sessions of each. Really, I'm up for any of them on an equal level, I'm excited to play any of the games.

Given that Paul's out a couple weeks in September, I'm thinking maybe before we return to the Wolves or Ravenloft, I could run one or two Eberron adventures for different characters, based on Dungeon magazine adventures I have. They're all 5th level, and they'd allow you guys to toy with some of the ideas you've been having, like a Boromar group, or a more Sharn city-based inquisitives group, and since they're one- or two-shot adventures, we could run them without worrying about who could show up next time.

Then in October we return to Ravenloft (ooh, thematically appropriate!) and stick with that until Nate's ready for a break, at which point we can come back to the Wolves again.

Nate Southard said...

I think I can probably finish Ravenoft in four or five sessions, so we can carry that through October, then decide if the survivors want to continue a more horror themed campaign or not.

Blog Archive