May 2nd - Free Comic Book Day on Saturday - Game off
May 9th - Board Game Night (Chris, Randy, Jason, anybody else?)
May 16th - Pirates o/t Spanish Main (Ben, Randy, Chris, Jason, Dirty Dave)
May 23rd - Wandering Wolves: Lure of the Ancient Spells (Paul, Ben, Chris, Jason, Randy --- Nate?)
May 30th - Pirates o/t Spanish Main (Randy, Chris, Jason, Dirty Dave)
June 6th - Boardgames - Randy, Jason, Ben in? (Chris, Paul out)
June 13th - D&D 4e (Dave F., Dan, Nick, Randy, Joe & Jamie)
June 20th - Wandering Wolves: Lure of the Ancient Spells
June 27th - D&D 4th Edition character-building? (Paul, Chris, Jason, Matt, Ben, Randy group)
July 4th - Traveller? - (Paul out)
July 11th - D&D 4e (Dave F., Dan, Nick, Randy, Joe & Jamie)
July 18th - Traveller? - (Paul out)
July 25th - Game off, San Diego Con
All of this has become rather tentative, but hopefully we'll be able to get schedules worked out and games run on a more regular basis soon. It occurs to me that maybe we ought to move to a biweekly schedule, but given that everybody's week off never seems to coincide, that might cause more problems than it solves.
At any rate, I've modified the May schedule according to availability. It looks like Ben might only get to play one Pirates session (if it's a three-session adventure), and I think Paul, since he'd be out for two of them and doesn't know where his character is at any rate, decided to pass on Pirates this time as well. I have done a bit more planning on Wolves, and I'm now pretty sure it'll take only two sessions to finish, but I want to make sure everybody (save Nate, who is bowing out for a while) can make it for both.
The June and July schedules are more exercises in speculation, and I'd love to hear from you guys about schedule conflicts you know about so we can plan this better.
I'm thinking of doing a once-a-month 4th edition game for the guys at the shop, which *might* be the second week of each month. So I've blocked that out, but that could change to a different week. I'm thinking of running the same adventure series in 4th ed for our group, since everybody seemed interested. That would also allow me to get twice as much out of my prep time.
I'd like to have someone else alternate a campaign at the same time, so that I could have some time to prep Eyes of the Lich Queen for a return in late July or early August, probably after San Diego Con. Jason, anything you're wanting to run? I'd love to play any number of games, including a Traveller game (if you wind up liking the new rules), more Savage Worlds/pulp, or anything else you might fancy running. I'd also love to *play* D&D 4th Edition as opposed to just running it.
And of course I have ideas for a Deadland game, a Star Wars RPG, a return to Spycraft, Warhammer 40K and more... but I don't know when on Earth I'll have time to prep/run them. Warhammer 40K Inquisitors is most likely, since I actually have adventures for that one that I could get ready, but I'm not sure what the interest is in that game.
I'm also not against setting aside a week each month for board games and such. I do own a game store, after all, and see a regularly large number of boardgames I'd love to buy and try out.
7 comments:
Sure man, I'm open to anything. Ben may want to run some stuff too, depending on his schedule. I'd love to run some traditional epic fantasy at some point also, system is irrelevant to me on that, I love Hero, Savage would work well and I'll even need to try out 4ed dnd at some point. My schedule will be clearing up a bit here pretty quick.
I'm out June 6th for MoCCA.
I'm also out June 6th for a business trip.
I'm totally psyched for 4th edition gaming.
I'm out June 27 due to travel. My Dad's not doing too hot so I'll be going to OKC a little more often.
July 4th probably isn't going to work for me.
I'm out July 18th for an Anime convention in Killeen.
As far as new games go, what about Chris' Champion game? I've never played a super hero game, so that could be fun. Also, I wouldn't mind trying my hand at running a 3.5 game. I can't imagine when I'd find time to prepare, but I could possibly run one of the Expedition modules if everyone else needs a break.
I'm also out this week since it's pirates and my character is missing plus I'm out of town for most of the sessions.
Totally up for playing a superhero game, run by Chris, Ben or Jason. (Or alternately run by all three? Hell, I'll volunteer to step in and help run the occasional superhero game.)
Actually, this brings up a point I was thinking about. Given how frequently *somebody* has to miss every session, given that we've all got busy schedules, maybe a more modular campaign approach would benefit us? Basically, a campaign with multiple GMs and multiple characters that we could all prep for and thus, in theory, any one of us could be ready for a game on any given week?
Three thoughts here:
1) Pulp game based around the Explorer's League type thing. Jason and I are both comfortable running Savage Worlds, and I have no doubt Ben could get up to speed on it pretty quickly as well. If we all had a couple different characters, they could go off on different adventures at any given time.
2) Eberron game based around an Inquisitive agency or some other "for hire" organization based out of Sharn or Stormreach, with a pool of talent. Would allow us to play multiple levels of D&D, and do urban adventuring as well as more wayfaring stuff. I know that Ben, Jason and I are comfortable GMing 3.5, and I bet Paul and Chris could as well (and Nate can, if and when he returns to the gaming fold)
3) Superhero team with a big membership, ala Justice League, X-Men, etc. Big roster means smaller squads for different adventures and possible different GMs as well. I know Chris, Ben and I can run HERO, pretty sure Jason can as well.
Thoughts?
I can make June 20th for the Wolves. I may be out on the 27th, but I can always build my 4th edition character separately.
The modular games sound like a great idea, especially with summer conventions and my father's health. I'd be up for any of the three options. I could totally DM an occasional adventure with an inquisitive group.
I'm totally down with a group of inquisitives, but here's a wacky idea that could be fun: a Bard party. If we multiclass we could each specialize in a different area (bard/barbarian drummer with clubs, bard/wizard with mandolin, bard/rogue lead singer) and be a covert group of secret agents masquerading as a band.
Or we could do our Halfling mafia campaign.
Just checking in, excited about 4Ed. Jun 27 works for me, as does 2nd Friday but I won't ever be able to DM on a 2nd Friday as that's also when my professional association meets (I'm president) so I'm usually fried by the end of the day.
Currently DM'ing a wednesday 3.5 game, that's not a volunteer, in fact I'm really looking forward to being a player :) However if any of you guys want to join the last chapter of a 5-year campaign, we always welcome serious players.
Post a Comment