To the Masters of the Chronicle and the People of the Five Kingdoms.
I am Lysander Wolfsong, voice of the Wandering Wolves. We are the unhomed, the unloved, the undone. Accused of the despicable depravity of an attempt on the life of our Exalted and Excellent Majesty, the King of Breland, we are fugitives and vagabonds in lands that once called us friends and invited our company and help.
I know not why this accusation has been laid at our feet as our whereabouts during this heinous act is verifiable and the cause we were about, laudable. I know not who has designed to injure us thus. But time will give its secrets to the One Story and we then well know our place and actions; our retribution and restoration.
I also do not understand how this act was so easily placed at our doorsteps. Why, good folk, why would we attempt to kill our good Sovereign? We who have done him good service in the past; we who revel in the freedom of Sharn and Breland, why would we do this thing? Money? Nay, we have plenty, or had before this damnable frame was placed around our visages. Power? We were moving in ever widening circles, riding the very pulse of the Prophecy itself. Glory? By the Dragon, why would honest men attempt to gain by foul regicide that which they had earned by deeds? Nay, tis a plot of vile vengeance by some powerful political enemy.
And so, good people of Galifar that was, I bring our case to you who have loved us first and best as our part of the Story flows from tavern to campfire to crib.
We commend ourselves to you, You who know us by our remembered names: Saint Manyface the Holy, Wolfchild the Fated, The Thriceborn Wolf, Wayfinder the Swift, and I, Lysander, humble voice of this tragic company. Let the Howling commence.
Lysander Llywellyn d’Phiarlan
6 comments:
Oooh, cool! I assume Pel is Manyface, Wayfinder must be Brand. Wolfchild... Luggoth? Leaving William the Thriceborn, perhaps. A puzzle!
Also, I'm totally going to party like it's 999.
Sorry, I messed up the last comment. Yes, William is the Thriceborn, born once to the House of Deneith, once as a vampire and the last time as the Unmarked, which is also a fitting title.
William d'Deneith, isn't that weird? He never liked the "Deedee" nickname all Deneith kids have to put up with.
Arooo!
PS. Emerald Claw Sux
Huzzah! A plea well written, my friend and one that will be remembered after our names are cleared.
Post a Comment