September 11th - Beatles Rock Band at Randy's place (Everybody is invited)
September 18th - D&D Circle of Love (Randy, Dan, Max, Ben, Joe & Jamie)
September 25th - Eberron: The Fury's Tinderbox Part Three (Randy, Chris, Jason, Ben, Paul)
October 2nd - D&D Circle of Love (Randy, Dan, Max, Ben, Joe & Jamie)
October 9th - Eberron: The Fury's Tinderbox Part Four (Randy, Chris, Jason, Ben, Nate, Paul)
October 16th - D&D Circle of Love (Randy, Dan, Max, Ben, Joe & Jamie)
October 23rd - Eberron: Pursuit of the All-Seeing Eye Part One (Randy, Chris, Jason, Ben, Nate, Paul)
October 30th - Deadlands: Coffin Rock (Randy, Nate, Jason Murphy, Dave Farabee, Chris, Dave Lamplugh, Jamie, Ben)
November 6th- Eberron: Pursuit of the All-Seeing Eye Part Two (Randy, Chris, Jason, Ben, Nate, Paul)
November 13th - D&D Circle of Love (Randy, Dan, Max, Ben, Joe & Jamie)
November 20th - Eberron: Pursuit of the All-Seeing Eye Part Three (Randy, Chris, Jason, Ben, Nate, Paul)
November 27th - Thanksgiving - Gaming Off
December 4th- Chew Event at Rogues Gallery - Gaming Off
December 11th - D&D Circle of Love (Randy, Dan, Max, Ben, Joe & Jamie)
December 18th - Eberron: Pursuit of the All-Seeing Eye Part Four (Randy, Chris, Jason, Ben, Nate, Paul)
December 25th - Christmas - Gaming Off
Here's the schedule for the next few months. As always, the current month is pretty firmed up, the others less so. Late October or early November is usually when holiday stuff starts disrupting, so I'm guessing we might have some last minute changes here. Oh, and I put in December since there are a few disruptions I know of already, but don't worry, I realize it's mildly insane to be doing any kind of concrete planning for December when summer's not even technically over.
I'd like to run a Deadlands (horror western) game on October 30th, given the proximity to Halloween. I don't imagine I'll be able to actually finish the game on that night, so maybe we can swap it out again sometime in November or run a Sunday session to finish up if folks like it. Right now I know Nate and Jason Murphy had interest in doing this, although I know that Halloween parties may take precedence over gaming for both, and if so maybe we can slide it a touch to November. But anyway, anyone else who is interested in a one-off horror western game, chime in in the comments.
So everybody let me know what your September - October looks like at the moment, and we'll modify as needed.
15 comments:
I'll be there for every damn thing on that list. Yay!
What's up with our game getting moved around so that instead of playing every two weeks we only end up playing once a month the last two months? Why is our schedule getting messed with?
People are busy and have schedule conflicts. That's just how it's gonna work.
Specifically, holidays are always going to mess with scheduling. In the early part of the year, my other group sometimes went over a month without playing.
OK, swapped two October dates that I'd put the Eberron group together two weeks in a row. Not sure why I did that, unless someone had a schedule conflict and I wasn't remembering it.
Depending on who plays Deadlands, you guys could play Circle of Love without me on the 30th. Or that game may not come together, it all depends on availability... but that's not until October, so there's plenty of time to figure it out.
I'm not talking about holidays. That comes with the territory.
My question was more specifically addressed to why our group's schedule seems to be moved around a lot to fit the needs of the other group. Perhaps that's just my perception. I know we were scheduled to play on September 4th and were bumped so they could play, making it a month between games. This kind of thing has happened in the past as well. It just seems frustrating that our group seems to be being penalized on scheduling sometimes because our schedules aren't as restrictive.
Swapping the october dates helps, and I appreciate it.
We've had to bump the other group as well, when folks weren't available for the Circle of Love game one week but were the next week.
It happens that one game bumps the other both ways. Sometimes Joe and Jamie, or Max, or me, aren't available, and that takes up a slot from one game or the other.
The goal was to swap out September 4th for August 28th, but we weren't able to make that work for Circle of Love. I could be wrong, but I don't think this thing has happened more than maybe twice in the last six months.
It's really frustrating when you don't get to play much, I know, and I sympathize. But I have the opposite perception, as a member of both groups (lucky me!): it seems like the Wolves get together much less frequently than the Circle. It's improving now that summer is over, but it used to be 4-6 weeks on average between Wolves games.
I think the best way to address it is for all you people to get divorces, put your kids up for adoption, quit your jobs, and move back in with your moms like normal gamers. Srsly.
I can't argue with you, Ben. The Wolves do get together less than the Circle. That isn't related to the schedule, as far as I know- it's related to people in in the Wolves being busier on Fridays than people in the Circle, so they miss some of their scheduled days. I have often heard Randy complain/comment about how hard it is to get the group together for the Wolves to play, because everyone is so busy all the time. With the Circle, the players seem more able to make it to the game, for whatever reason.
As far as bumping the game the other way, maybe I'm just missing it. I'm remembering us playing with a person missing pretty regularly in the Circle, not bumping anything. Am I misremembering?
Honestly, it's not worth talking about any more at this point. I had a concern, and I voiced it. I'm not trying to start an argument. It's just something I'd like considered in the future when the schedules are made, and if it already has been and I'm just being sensitive, I apologize.
The only scheduling conflict that we have that MAY come up is that I have a seminar for my CRM class on Friday, November 13th. However, it gets out at 6, so I may just drive straight there and be (perhaps) a little late. The rest of the schedule looks good as is, but may not if it gets fiddled with - I have a busy October.
Also, I do have to say that it works better with us if the schedule is set as far in advance as possible so that we can secure childcare. I'm not griping about it, just saying. After all, putting your child up for adoption post-infancy is difficult . . . and neither of my parents have basements, either.
p.s. Coffin Rock? I am intriqued . . . :)
OK, we'll consider October locked down, as far as Circle of Friends goes (unless Max chimes in here in the next couple days, I think everybody else has given it the OK). If we have to cancel a Wolves game in October, we've got Traveller to slot in there, and I'd like to finish up where we left off with that one at some point.
We could probably swap November 6th and November 13th, if that's easier... let me know. And as for Coffin Rock... I'll show you the setting and try to talk to you into it on Friday. :)
Um, I may have to be late on November 6, I have a kid conflict.
And the reason you had to mess with October was because I had a wedding to attend. sorry.
Ah, that makes more sense. So do we need to swap it back? Or we could run Eberron one guy short, or play Traveller, I suppose.
So, uh... you Wolves people may want to kill me, but there's a *possibility* that I might need to take October 23rd off to see the improv show Ka-Baamm!, which might be hosting an artist who will be doing a signing at my store.
It's tentative right now, but I'm mentioning it as a possibility. If that does happen, perhaps a game of Traveller without my Agent character in attendance? Or maybe a Wolves (or other Eberron) one-shot run by Jason or Ben?
Right now, it's a small chance, but if the signing does get confirmed, I'll definitely want to go to the show, not just as a show of support but because I went to a version of it in New York a long while back and it's a lot of fun, and I can't ever go on Saturday nights.
Post a Comment