Monday, November 09, 2009

The Plan, proposed.

1. While Pel sneaks into a barracks tent to murder hobogoblins in their sleep, the others kill an exterior patrol, fairly near the entrance and then scramble in.

2. As they start in, a large illusory flying creature comes over the wall from a different direction, getting everyone's attention. can Lysander manage this?

3. We then move around the interior periphery, using the tents as cover, and make our way over to the cages and wagons. we'll probably encounter one of the interior patrols which we'll then need to kill.

4. Free the slaves. Kill the bad guys.

5. ?????

6. Profit.

any questions?

6 comments:

Paul Benjamin said...

Wouldn't we be better off waiting until we've killed the guards outside before sending Pel in? If all goes according to plan it would be great to have one less tent of bad guys. But if it doesn't, there goes our short rest...

Randy Lander said...

There is a 50-50 chance that it would take five minutes for the inside patrols to notice that they're outside patrols are gone.

So your short rest is not guaranteed, by any means.

And by 50-50 chance, I mean I'll roll a d6. ;)

Randy Lander said...

Also, I meant their, not they're. But by DM fiat, I am changing the rules for the previous comment so that they're was actually correct.

Uncle Staple said...

the DM has powers even over language. quelle amazement!

(see? i wrote that in english and he made it come out in bad french!!!)

i think it's better if Pel goes in first. not much chance he's going to be seen and if you guys DO fuck up and make enough noise to alert the guards, at least one of us will be inside (and they won't be looking for that).

if that happens my guess is they'll concentrate most of their forces defensively at the entrance to keep you out. while you're engaging them there, Pel will basically have the run of the place and can slink about sabotaging their camp and what not. i'm pretty confident he can handle himself in there.

either way i think it's a pretty solid plan.

Paul Benjamin said...

Now that I know more, I agree that it is a solid plan. And if our resident rogue gets bogged down, Brand should be able to 'port past the ranks to lend Pel a hand.

Jason Jones said...

Um. I'll sing. Stirringly.

Blog Archive