Friday, December 25, 2009

Alternate Games in 2010

I'm starting this as a list to keep track of games that folks have expressed an interest in running/playing in this year. There are quite a few already, and I figure we'll be adding more, so we can edit this post when we do. I'll put down the general details below, and if I know when someone's planning on running, how many sessions, who's playing, etc. I'll put that as well. If you're interested in playing in one of these games, drop a line in the comments!

1. Western Cthulhu - May?
A Cthulhu horror game set in the Wild West
GM: Nate Southard
Players: Randy, Chris, Dan, Jason Jones, Jamie, Paul
System: Savage Worlds
Time/Date: Uncertain

2. D&D Dark Sun Game - September
Definitely want to run (or play in) a new game in this post-apocalyptic fantasy world when WOTC re-releases it this summer.
GM: Randy
Players: Nate, Ben, Chris, Dan, Paul
System: D&D 4.0
Time/Date: Probably run as an alternate Friday or Saturday game, open for up to 5 players, probably the first module released for Dark Sun

3. Pulp Superhero Sequel - Undecided
Sequel to the Shadow of the Spectres! game, featuring the return of some characters and a couple new ones, taking a Flash Gordon approach as they head off to save an alien planet
GM: Randy
Players: Nick, Ben, Jason Jones, Paul
System: Savage Worlds
Time/Date: Probably a Saturday game, one-shot

4. Deadlands Sequel? - October
GM: Randy & Ben
Players: Chris, Dave L., Jamie, Jason M., Nate, Jason Jones, Paul
System: Deadlands
Time/Date: TBD, but probably a one-shot game on the Friday or Saturday nearest Halloween

8 comments:

Paul Benjamin said...

1. Stargate Universe - January 2010 (?)
I've never been into Stargate so I'll pass on this one, thanks.

2. Star Wars Prequels Redux - February 2010 (?)
Given that I'm working on the Star Wars MMO, I don't think I can possibly pass up this one. Besides, any chance to enjoy the prequels the way they SHOULD have been is well worth it.

3. Western Cthulhu - March 2010
A Cthulhu horror game set in the Wild West
In!

4. Pulp Superhero Game - June 2010?
Definitely in if I can get away on a Saturday. I've never played a super hero RPG, believe it or not.

4. D&D Dark Sun Game - August 2010
Never played Dark Sun but always interested.

5. Deadlands Sequel? - October 2010
In if I can be available.

Nate Southard said...

Pretty sure I'm interested in all of them except the Stargate one.

And I'll go ahead and say I'll be ready to start Cthulhu in March.

Uncle Staple said...

i am interested in 3, 4, 4 and 5.

Dan said...

I'm interested in 2,3, and the second 4

Anonymous said...

Four and also the other four.

Randy Lander said...

<< Four and also the other four. >>

LOL. Whoops.

Jason Jones said...

1. Stargate? nope.
2. Rewrites? sounds fun.
3. Nates running? sounds like fun.
4. Definitely in for Pulp heroes. don't know about saturdays tho.
4. Played dark sun the first time. I believe I'll pass unless it just falls perfectly.
5. Ah, sure. but not if there are a billion guys playing. That sounds like legislated horror.

Jamie said...

Interested in 2, 3, and the first 4. Definitely in on 5