Candy brought them in that first time. He had led them into the Mournland again looking for survivors and they had a rough go. How much sorrow can men take? Most of 'em already carrying the scars from what that big ruby made them do to those Hobgoblin children, and the one's that weren't there? They all had sorrow etched into their faces. So I offered him sanctuary, that's what we do on the Plains. And I quickly became friends with that motley bunch of vagabonds. The ones from Cyre? They still wear their Raven patches but that's all that separates them from the rest of the crew that Sandesh runs around with. The found us with amazing regularity whenever they were in need. Candy says it's because of the elf, not the Valenar, the one they call Quiver. He kept finding the Inn.
They helped us out of a couple of situations and I asked for and received permission to hire the Steel Ravens for security. So now the Steel Ravens are contracted with the Wandering Inn and headquarter out of it. Ostensibly that includes Sandesh (Candyman) but his group of friends, called the Exiled by our bard, work away from the Inn and only return between jobs, quests, what have you. They're good boys.
Candy you know about, and I mentioned Quiver, scary that one, and I think I mentioned the other elf? Eldaen? Holy warrior, but still Valenaran, not someone you want on the wrong side of you. Pock, the gnome, he's been with them since their first visit. Hiding something or I don't know anything, but hey, we keep your secrets, with no extra charge. Erich the tiefling, I don't get him, he seems…..distracted. And then came the day that brought Krotos into the Inn, it was silent as the grave, I knew we were in deep trouble and was already looking for the order forms for new furniture, but he was self-controlled and polite, and had a sense of humor! A minotaur! And he does flips!!!
They've called the Inn home for some time now. Most of their interests and connections are in this part of Khorvaire. I find them alternately amusing and scary as Khyber. But they always help, and they always pay their tab.
I just wish they could find peace. But so few of us have.
No comments:
Post a Comment