Tuesday, April 05, 2011

William's Journal: First Entry

Dear Heart:

I'm not entirely sure why I'm writing this journal, except that I find I miss talking with thee at the end of each day. This journey bears all the marks of becoming another long campaign, and I'm not sure when I'll be able to return to thee. Time was that I thought forming an attachment would weaken me, Boldrei forgive me. Now I know that our marriage has given me new strength. I know I will need it in the weeks to come.

As we suspected, Brayton's summons was sent to all of the Wolves, and so I have him to thank for our reuniting. Would that it were under better circumstances -- Lady Elaydrin has been kidnapped, and he seeks our aid. We will help him, of course, but this is no simple ransom grab. Her own House may be involved. The most obvious signs point to Jorlana, but their very obviousness leads me to mistrust them. As usual, I keep my own counsel. Father's voice speaks in my memory, addressing Pieter and I: "Hear your enemy. He will tell you his name, if only you remain quiet enough to hear it." His counsel has served me well. How I wish you could have met him, and he thee.

Through Passage now, and on via chartered Lyrandar airship towards the Gloaming.

Your devoted husband,
William

1 comment:

Uncle Staple said...

aw, that is sweet.

Blog Archive