Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Introducing: Father Binary

Randy asked me to post what I have of my character so far. I still haven't picked gear, and I'm sure I need some tweaking, since I'm not the rules guru others are. Anyway, here's what I got...

Codename: Father Binary (Name: David Timms)
Origin: Disciplined Clergyman
Class: Hacker
Career Level: 5
Vitality: 37 Reputation:

Statistics: STR 8, DEX 14, CON 12, INT 16, WIS 14, CHA 13
Fort +4 (+5), Ref +3 (+5), Will +2 (+4), Def +4 (14), Init +3

Skills: Analysis +3, Bureaucracy +4, Computers +8, Cultures +8 (focus and fortes later), Drive +3 (same deal), Electronics +8, Falsify +4, Mechanics +4, Notice +5, Profession (Clergy) +5, Resolve +5, Science (f/f later) +5, Security +5, Sleight of Hand +3, Sneak +6, Streetwise +5, Survival +2

Class Abilities: Custom Hardware (or was it software?), 'L337, Trap Door 1/mission, Master Key I, Master Cracker 1/mission.

Feats: Iron Will, Favored Gear, Techie
Proficiencies: Blunt Weapons, Handguns, Rifles.

This is all I have so far. Will finish Friday.

2 comments:

Randy Lander said...

1. He's a clergyman? I love it. What religion/denomination?

2. Your stats seemed unusually high, so I checked and you had spent 51 points on them, rather than 36. Wasn't sure if you were using base 10 instead of 8 or what. At any rate, taking into account the +2/-2 attribute you get from Disciplined, I come up with this instead: STR 8 (2), DEX 14 (8), CON 12 (4), INT 16 (8), WIS 14 (8), CHA 14 (8)... *except* that's still 2 points high, so you need to drop either DEX, WIS or CHA down to 13. To get an INT of 18, you need to drop one of DEX, WIS and CHA down to 13, and the other two down to 12. Up to you which of those you want to go with.

3. I think you underestimated your skill points. If you go with option B (keeping an INT of 18), you have 96 points total, but you've spent only 84. If you drop your INT down to 16, you have 88 points, and still have only spent 84. I'd recommend maxing out your Sneak if you can (you're currently the only character with that skill), and you could probably drop your Profession skill a little bit without it hurting you. My suggestions (with INT 16): Raise Sneak to +8, lower Profession to +3, lower one other skill by -1 to raise Drive to +4 so you get an additional focus (class of vehicles you can drive.) My suggestions (with INT 18): Max out Sneak, Science and Streetwise, lower Profession to +4, increase Drive to +4.

4. Your feats look good, but you *might* consider swapping out Clean and Polished for Techie, which would give you a +2 on all Computers and Electronics rolls (the rolls you'll probably be making a lot of.)

5. We'll need to pick your interests (you've got three), focuses and fortes (you've got a lot) and gear on Friday.

Nate Southard said...

1. Catholic. He was excommunicated when he dumped a large database of "naught" priests to various government agencies.

2. That's really wierd. I could have sworn I followed that to the letter. What a twit! I'll drop CHA to 13.

3. I'll boost sneak on this one.

4. Techie sounds like the way to go.

5. Rightie-o.

Blog Archive