Monday, December 04, 2006
In the future: Ravenloft?
Hey, everybody. I just ordered Expedition to Castle Ravenloft off of Amazon. It's an update of the old Ravenloft module, designed for use as a one-off adventure or a campaign. How about, after we have our next Eberron adventure, I take a shot at DM'img, take you guys through this bastard? Sound cool?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(110)
-
▼
December
(18)
- In Mucus Drowned
- Chapter 1: The Missing Man
- Ravenloft Character: Zargosz Duurr
- In Madness Drowned: Prologue
- Ravenloft Character: Oren Ghastor
- Upcoming Schedule - December/January/February
- Ravenloft character idea
- A letter regarding the power of letters
- Blood On The Trail: An Autobiography by Buck Martin
- Telegram from Buck
- Another Cold October
- Telegram from Count Rostov
- Eberron Character: Rochus d'Kundarak
- Action Points? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Action Po...
- New Blog (Sort Of)
- Delay of Game
- In the future: Ravenloft?
- "Fightin'" Tommy O'Flannery
-
▼
December
(18)
17 comments:
Oops. Just read it, also gamemastered the original, but if you guys want to I can bow out for awhile.
Well, I wouldn't mind playing it, either, if you're interested in GMing it. I'm pretty sure we've all gone through the original.
I'd definitely be interested in playing, whoever decides to GM it. I've played some of the original when it first came out, but whatever information I have (beyond knowing that Strahd is a vampire) is long gone.
Well, I certainly want to give a turn as DM a shot. I want Jason to be able to play, though. Personally, I don't care if anybody's read/played/or sung Ravenloft before. I should be able to keep people guessing pretty easy.
'Scool with me either way. I can play or GM. Interested in what kind of GM Nate is going to be though, writer and all that. I can certainly keep my metaknowledge to myself.
Right now, he's the kind of DM who reeeeeally needs to memorize the rules!
Well, whatever you think, man. If you'd rather just pay it let me know. The rules aren't that big a deal, bros. It's all about flow, pacing and character. We can get through the rules.
Never played the original - sounds cool though.
Oh, I'll DM it. I'm looking forward to the chance!
Excellent. Vampires suck.
I don't know if I trust Nate to handle a horror adventure. Does he know ANYTHING about the genre?
I'm in! Do we start with 1st level characters, Nate?
Kill the lawyer! Kill the lawyer....oh, wait! Wrong evil bloodsucker.
FYI, I also played Ravenloft once many years ago. Not only do I remember that Strahd is a vampire, but I also know that he has an altar somewhere in his castle.
BTW, what world does this take place in? Would we have Eberron characters (warforged, dragonmarks, etc) or what? In case you can't tell, I'm always psyched for dreaming up new characters.
Is there a non-spoilery Ravenloft primer available that might help inspire character ideas? Or something?
Characters begin at 6th level. I think we'll run it as an Eberron campaign. I've got some ideas to make for some interesting customization. I figure we can get together for a character night sometime after the holidays.
Right now, it's looking it'll take three arcs of around five sessions a piece to get through the whole thing, but it can be trimmed down. I figured the arcs would let us flip back and forth between this and the regular campaign.
As for a Ravenloft primer -- there's an article about the original adventure on wikipedia. The adventure has some great replayability, so I'm not terribly concerned about what everybody knows about the previoius form.
So, Ben, you coming back for my grand DM experiment?
Okay, cleric for this one, or a paladin, heh, Silver Flame!
Okay, if everybody wants to go ahead and work on their characters, here's some guidelines. 13,000 starting gold (as per DMG), no more than 5000 spent on any one item (I fudged this number, if there's an actual rule, let me know). 20% (2600 GP) must enter the game in liquid form.
As far as characters go, my only rules are no psionics (due to possible rules problems) and I get to approve any prestige classes you want to take. We're working with Eberron characters, as I said.
Now, get crackin'!
Post a Comment