Sunday, December 17, 2006

Ravenloft Character: Oren Ghastor

Name: Oren Ghastor
Race: Shifter (Wildhunt)
Class: Monk 4/Paladin 3
Experience: 27566
Alignment: Lawful Good
Religion: Silver Flame
Homeland: Thrane
Age: 27 Height: 5'6" Weight: 127 lbs.

Statistics: STR 14 (16), DEX 14, CON 14, INT 14, WIS 18, CHA 14, BAB +6, Fort +7 (+11), Ref +4 (+8), Will +4 (+10), Init +4 (+2 Dex, +2 Shifter Instincts), AC 18 (+4 Wis, +2 Dex, +1 ring, +1 amulet), HP 58

Skills: Balance +2 (+6), Climb +2 (+8), Escape Artist +3 (+5), Heal +4 (+8), Hide +6 (+8), Jump +5 (+11), Knowledge (religion) +7 (+9), Listen +5 (+10), Move Silently +6 (+8), Sense Motive +4 (+9), Spot +4 (+9), Tumble +6 (+8)

Class Abilities: Evasion, Still Mind, Slow Fall (20 ft), +10 ft. move, Ki Strike (magic), Aura of Good, Aura of Courage, Detect Evil, Smite Evil 1/day (+2 hit/+3 damage), Divine Grace (+2 to all saves, already included), Lay on Hands (6 hp/day)
Action Dice: 6
Racial Abilities: Low-light vision, +2 on balance, climb, jump (already included), Wildhunt (+2 Con, Blindsight, 2/day for 8 rounds)
Weapons/Attacks: +9 melee (1d8+3, unarmed), +7/+7 melee (1d8+3, flurry of blows), +9 melee (2d6+4, greatsword), +9 melee (1d6+3, kama), +7/7 melee (1d6+3, kama), +9 ranged (1d8, masterwork longbow), +7/7 ranged (1d2, shuriken)

Equipment:
Gauntlets of Ogre Power (already figured in), Ring of Protection +1, Amulet of Natural Armor +1, (2) Potions of Hide From Undead, (1) Potion of Heroism, Masterwork Longbow (w/58 normal arrows, 20 adamantine arrows, 20 alchemical silver arrows), (15) alchemical silver shuriken, 50' silk rope, waterskin, 10 days rations, (2) flasks of holy water, silver holy symbol, monk's outfit, Valenar Riding Horse, 56 pp, 9 gp, 30 sp, letter of credit (750 gp), jewelled silver ring (200 gp)

Feats: Monastic Training, Deflect Arrows, Stunning Fist, Wildhunt Elite, Shifter Instincts
Proficiencies: Simple and martial weapons, monk weapons, all armor & shields (except tower)
Languages: Common, Elven, Sylvan

History: From the journal of Oren Ghastor:
Many of my race call me traitor. Many of my faith call me abomination. Too many others are ready to look at only what lies on the outside and judge, when the true nature of good and evil is underneath the flesh and bone, in the hearts and minds of others. My heart and mind are good, and pure, and true. This I know, and this I have dedicated my life to.

My life before the Silver Flame is so long ago, so alien to me, that it might as well not exist at all. Indeed, I don't remember my parents. I grew up in a Silver Flame monastery, part of the Order of the Argent Fist, raised by the monks there. When I was old enough to begin asking questions about why I was different, they told me the story of how I came there. That two shifters, a man and a woman, stumbled into the range of the sentries. That when they reached them, the shifters were dead of a variety of wounds, but they had a living, if badly wounded, baby with them. The monks took me in and prayed for me, believing that I would never survive. Not only did I survive, I manifested a patch of silver fur in the shape of a flame on my back. They viewed this as a sign, and from the moment I was old enough, they began teaching me.

Some of my first words were a request to become a Seeker of the Argent Fist. It is my calling, and I know that I have a great destiny. I am the Silver Flame's weapon against evil. But I am also a messenger, one of a few who can bridge the gap between my race and my faith. If more shifters knew the true danger the lycanthropic invasion presented, they wouldn't judge the actions of the Inquisition quite so harshly. By the same token, if those more fanatical proponents of the religion could only see that there is a difference between being touched by the beast and being a beast, they would realize that shifters are no more inherently evil or wicked than men.

It is my destiny to seek out evil and destroy it. Whether the danger be undead, mad warforged, corrupt humans or vicious tainted beasts, I will be ready to meet it, with fist and arrows and shurikens.

Oren died in battle with giants and a hag who was one of the Ravenloft Fanes. The hag killed him with her final attack before her companions destroyed it.

5 comments:

Nate Southard said...

Looks good. We'll see if he lasts long enough to reach Argent Fist.

Chris said...

I guess you think you're bad-ass or something. Well, I can turn into a fucking bear! Check that shit!

Paul Benjamin said...

A bear? Pfft. I can cut myself open and turn a gout of blood into ball of fire that sears my enemies!

Nate Southard said...

I can destroy all of you for shits and giggles. Beat that.

Chris said...

Nate is mean. :(

Blog Archive