Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Savage Worlds

Okay, at Randy's suggestion I picked up the Savage Worlds rpg. It seems like a lot of fun. I believe it best suited for some kind of pulp action game, short arcs, like dime novels. I think either Sword and Sorcery fantasy (exploration, very Howard), traditional Pulp Adventure, (Tales of the Gold Monkey anyone?) or they have a very cool Victorian, gaslight monster hunting setting called Rippers. I like all three and they are just for back-up in any case. Do you guys have a preference?

4 comments:

Randy Lander said...

In order, my interest is:

1) Pulp adventure
2) Rippers
3) Sword and sorcery fantasy

But any of the three sound like fun to me... it's a variance of only slight degrees.

Chris said...

oooh, i kinda like the monster thing. hehe, spooky.

Paul Benjamin said...

For my two cents (payable 30 days after invoice):

1) Pulp adventure
2) Rippers
3) Sword and sorcery fantasy

I know it's exactly what Randy said, but I happen to feel the same way. However, I too would be up for any of them.

Jason Jones said...

Okay, straight pulp is winning, nate still to be heard.