There are two D&D 4th Edition groups using this blog, but both are games I'm running, so there are the same basic house rules and such.
1. We're using the standard array, as described on page 17 of the PHB 4th Edition.
2. I'm open to someone playing a Warforged, using the article just posted on the D&D Insider site. Not expecting anyone to, or even particularly encouraging, but if you want to, I'm open to it.
3. Characters must be Good, Unaligned or Lawful Good. No evil characters.
4. First session will probably involve finishing up (or building from scratch) characters, but if folks want to build their characters during the ensuing weeks and bring them to the game for GM approval/any fine-tuning, that's cool and will help get the game session going sooner. To that end:
Group 1 (Joe & Jamie R., Dan G., Dave F.) - Currently we have a Defender (Dan's Human Paladin)... so there's room for just about anything. Ideally, someone would be a Leader (Warlord or Cleric), a Striker (Ranger, Rogue or Warlock) and a Controller (Wizard) for a completely balanced party, but you can probably get by without any given role... I'd just recommend not building a party of entirely fighters and paladins, etc. Any questions, feel free to email me. And update in the comments if you decide on a general character idea. Also, we're one person short of a five-person group... not a big deal, but we might add one more person to the group before we start. As for time, is 7 PM a time to aim for with you guys? That'd let us get a good four or five hours of gaming in before midnight, if that cutoff time is acceptable to everyone.
Group 2 (Dave L., Chris, Ben, Jason, Paul) - Currently we have a Leader (Ben's Dragonborn Warlord) and, if Jason decides he wants to stick with him, a Controller (Eladrin Wizard). So you guys need a Striker (Ranger, Rogue or Warlock) and a Defender (Paladin or Fighter), and then you can double up on any particular role. If anyone has particular leanings, post them in the comments. Chris and Dave, if you guys want to do character creation with me sometime in the next couple weeks, let me know... it shouldn't take more than an hour or so.
5 comments:
7 PM is fine. That gives me enough time after work to go home and eat.
7pm sounds good. That will give us enough time to get rid of the kiddo and not have to fight traffic ;).
And I am looking at either a ranger or a rogue for character, I need to wrestle the book from Joe long enough to read it before making my decision, though. Part of my decision is based on the fact that it sounds badass to say that I belong to the class of 'strikers'. Now I can live out the kung-fu espionage movie that is constantly running through my head.
I was thinking human paladin also, since they didn't include Bard in the PHB (grumble). Something along the lines of a cavalier of noble blood.
I don't know if it's the character he'll settle on, but Dave has made a Human Rogue for his character.
Joe, if you want to have some of the same effects as a bard in terms of morale support (as well as being a fighter of noble blood) you might look at the Warlord class. That would also have the benefit of adding a role that you guys need to the party. I'd really, really, really strongly suggest not having two paladins in the party.
Then Jamie could go with a Ranger (giving you a Striker), and if Max winds up playing (Dan, any word?) and he can take either Warlock or Wizard, you guys will be covered, as far as the disparate roles go.
I looked over Warlord and it really didn't do it for me. I'll probably go with a Wizard. Not sure on race yet, Eladrin, Human, Half-elf or Elf.
Post a Comment