I've been toying with the idea of running a Cthulhu campaign set in the Old West. I think the era and setting are ripe for weirdness and horror, plus it means most everybody would have some kind of gun skills, eliminating a lot of the "My character is an accountant, but secretly he's a monster-hunter" stuff.
Now, I know Deadlands kind of covers this, but A) I don't want to learn a new system, and B) dammit, I like dice.
I was thinking of starting in the new year, as gaming is pretty packed through October. Then there's the holidays.
So, who's interested?
9 comments:
sounds fun. what system would you use?
Probably the regular Call of Cthulhu system. I've got to look into it some more.
I'm totally in for this, whatever system you decide to use.
If I can fit it in, i'd love to play. Horror game run by horror author sounds like a recipe for awesome.
Btw, I've been toying with a Deadlands game for a while now, and I've got an adventure, so I could run it with less prep than most stuff. So if we wanted to slot in a Deadlands game for October (or November) and then you could learn the rules while playing and decide if you wanted to run using that system or not, we could do that.
Deadlands is based on the Savage Worlds rules now, and you all know how much I like those rules.
yeah, Nate, Randy's right, and SW is really easy to learn.
Sure. I'm up for a run at Deadlands.
I want in, especially if you run it using the CoC rules, which are pure awesome for creepy and/or pulp horror. But either way.
Oh, also: I feel like it's not a good idea to swap back and forth between campaigns in our group, because then we'd have at least a month of downtime between contiguous sessions.
Post a Comment