Father,
Recent events have motivated me to write another letter, which I'll send to the usual House Sivis message stations, hoping that eventually my missives will reach you.
I've written previously of the trouble I've had with the Boromars and the Daask, but it turns out that I have even more enemies in Sharn than I knew. Fortunately, I also seem to have new allies.
I went to have dinner with Kiala in Skyway... I don't know if you'd be proud of her or not, but her work as an artist has led to her doing work amongst the richest and most powerful of Sharn's citizens, and so we were able to dine, on her gold piece, in one of Skyway's fine eateries. I confess that I don't really remember the name, because my after-dinner conversation was a bit more intense.
As I was leaving Skyway, I noticed that I was being pursued, by no less than eight black-clad assassins. They cornered me, but I managed to leap onto a nearby air skiff, thinking to make my escape. And I would have, too, except that literally out of nowhere, four adventurers popped up and upset the small skiff, sending us all tumbling. To make matters worse, the assassins produced soar sleds and came down after me.
The circumstances put me off my game, and I don't think I put my best foot forward with my new companions. I managed to get a few digs in at the leader of the band, but he had the damned luck of the wicked, and dodged no less than three attacks as we tried to bring him down, and fled by falling into the depths of Sharn, where we couldn't easily follow. Though I and several of my new allies were wounded in the attack, we fared better than the other seven assassins, who all met their end by bow, blade, spell or a long, long fall.
My new allies were not just new to Sharn, or to Breland, but to the very world of Eberron. They said they had come from some kind of extradimensional pyramid trap. As I said, there were four of them. Mmirg was a half-orc warrior who immediately put me in mind of Vosh, although his power seems to draw from nature, not unlike the druids that Vosh once worshiped alongside. Lakar was a goliath, a medicine man of some kind who had a spirit bear that he channeled his power through. Brynn was a half-elven woman with a silver tongue and a deadly aim with her longbow, and I realized fairly quickly that she had potential to be a great thief, and I will be trying to tempt her down that road, although she seemed the most ill-at-ease with the wonders of Sharn. Then there was Tenghri, a dragonborn unlike any I've ever met, boastful and brash and as full of piss and vinegar as thunder and lightning. Despite drawing his power from sorcery, I sensed that he and I were more kindred spirits than the rest, saving possibly Mmirg, who I believe would make a hell of a Hrazhak player.
I took them to the Deathsgate district, where they spent some time selling the goods they had acquired in their adventures, and they even gave me a small part of the loot as thanks for serving as their guide. We also wandered to Morgrave Library to sell some books, and to my favorite tavern, where I learned of many interesting rumors, all pointing towards some trouble in the Upper Cogs. I also learned that my would-be assassins might have been part of House Tarkanan, although who hired them and why I have no idea.
My new comrades seem quite eager to leave the city, and they're talking about joining the Deathsgate Guild to seek adventure outside the city. I'm hoping to convince them to stay, at least long enough to get the Tarkanan contract cleared up, because the last thing I need is those assassins on my tail. To be honest, though, this latest mess has caused me to think yet again about leaving Sharn for the wider world, at least for a time. And perhaps when I do, our paths will cross.
As always, I remain your devoted son, Terath
2 comments:
Brilliant! You get to start the next session with a bonus Action D6™.
Yeah, "wonders" of Sharn. Hmph! ;)
And I still need to look into multi-classing. My character prep for the next couple of levels needs to be looked into before school starts (on Thursday!)
Post a Comment